Sonia Petroff Couture Jewellery was born from the love of craftmanship. Therefore, each and every piece is uniquely beautiful and as such might have slight colour or fleck variations in the stones or material. Like all labours of love, they aren’t perfect nor identical to each other
and therein lies their beauty. Should there be any imperfection with your piece, please let us know so that we can resolve the issue. We would be delighted to hear from you should have any queries.
We hope you enjoy their uniqueness as much as we did creating it.
Our couture jewellery is made from a brass alloy with either a gold or silver palladium overlay. These metals do not like getting wet, and oils or sweat might make them tarnish quicker so please be careful. The life span of your Sonia Petroff jewellery will depend on the care you give it. Here are some suggestions to help you keep your jewellery looking new.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery in mineral baths, spas, jacuzzis and swimming pools.
- Remove your jewellery before washing your hands, exercising or prior to bedtime.
- Before you put any jewellery on, be sure any lotions, perfumes and make-up are absorbed into your skin. Apply all hair products, especially hair spray, before you put on the jewellery.
- Avoid any extreme temperatures as this can affect the stones and even the metal.
- Prior to storing, make sure your jewellery is dry, as moisture speeds the tarnishing process.
- Ideally, store your jewellery in a soft-lined box or pouch. Try to keep pieces apart, so that they so don’t rub together or tangle up.
- Gently clean with a soft cloth. Avoid all soaps and chemicals products.
Brass, gold and palladium are usually low-allergic metals and normally cause no harm during contact with your skin. However, if you have any concerns about wearing these metals, please contact your doctor for advice.
Whilst the care advice given above is provided in good faith, it is recommended that you avoid any cleaning method unless you are certain it will not damage your jewellery. We do not take any responsibility for damage which ensues from your actions.